The Financial Markets Boot Camp is an intensive ten-day course designed to provide a solid preparation for any graduates starting their career in the global financial markets.
ACF provide the most effective in-house graduate training to the world’s largest banks. Now, for the first time, other firms and individual participants can take advantage of our unique blended-learning approach which integrates pre-course study using Acumen, dynamic instruction from our team of first-rate trainers, and simulation using Global Trader – acclaimed as the world’s most powerful trading simulation.
By attending this intensive experiential program, you will:
- Have a solid understanding of the role and functioning of the capital markets.
- Be familiar with a wide range of fixed-income and equity products, their uses and applications.
- Clearly appreciate the features and benefits of derivatives, and the fundamentals of pricing, structuring and hedging.
- Understand how all these products are used in practice by banks and their customers.
- Have the opportunity to apply theory to practice using simulation and intensive interactive case studies.
… and will be able to effectively apply their knowledge immediately.
Who Should Attend
New hires into the capital markets area.
Participants will have access to the Acumen eLearning system in order to study the following foundation topics:
- Introduction to Investment Banking
- Introduction to Financial Markets and Products
- Time Value of Money
- Basic Statistics
- Review of Time Value of Money
- Money Market Products and Markets
- Bond Maths
- Duration and Convexity
- Fixed Income Products and Markets
- Foreign Exchange Spot Market
- Foreign Exchange Forwards
- Equities Markets
- The Short-Term Yield Curve and Forward Rates
- Futures Markets
- Bond Futures
- Stock-Index Futures
- Short-Term Interest Rate (STIR) Futures
- Interest Rate and Currency Swaps
- End-Week Examination and Review
- Yield Curve Mathematics
- Swap Pricing and Valuation
- Principles and Characteristics of Options
- Option Pricing – An Intuitive Approach
- Option “Greeks”
- Hedging using Options
- Building Option Portfolios
- Option Trading Strategies
- Caps, Floors, and Collars
- Swaptions and Other Interest Rate Derivatives
- Hedging with Interest Rate Derivatives
- Overview of Credit Derivatives
- Single-Name Credit Default Swaps
- Using Credit Default Swaps
- Index Products
- Risk Management and Value at Risk
- Regulation in the Financial Markets
- Final Examination and Review
Dates and Locations
Date(s): 17 May 2021 - 28 May 2021
Other Dates and Locations
Check our course schedule for alternative dates and locations where this course is offered.