|Foundation||CPD: 7 hours||2 half-days||Virtual|
The Blockchain and Cryptocurrencies course is an intensive course on blockchain technology and its use in cryptocurrencies and other applications. The virtual version of this course is held over two half-days.
What really sets our program apart is the way in which we explain, step-by-step – with plenty of live demonstrations – exactly how the whole process works, demystify the complexities, and really bring the topics to life.
By the end of the seminar, participants will gain an intuitive understanding of cryptocurrencies and blockchain technology, and be confident in discussing and applying these techniques in real-world applications.
By attending this course, you will understand:
- Exactly what a blockchain is
- How Bitcoin and other cryptocurrencies actually work
- What are the wider implications of and applications for blockchain
Who Should Attend
Anyone who wants to understand blockchain technology and the workings of cryptocurrencies like Bitcoin or Ethereum.
- History of blockchain technology
- What is a blockchain?
- What’s in a block?
- Live demo: creating a valid block
- Live demo: mining a blockchain
- Proof-of-work and difficulty
- Creating the blockchain
- The decentralised ledger
- How consensus is reached
Transactions and Keypairs
- What data is in a transaction?
- Private / public keypair concepts
- Live demo: Generating a private / public keypair
- Signing and verifying a message
Benefits and Applications of Blockchain
- Key benefits of blockchain technology
- Financial markets applications
- Banking applications
- Commercial applications
- Discussion: Practical applications for blockchain technology
Bitcoin and Other Cryptocurrencies
- Why “cryptocurrency”?
- History of Bitcoin
- How bitcoin transfers are executed on the Bitcoin blockchain
- Example bitcoin transaction
- Aggregating transactions into blocks
- Bitcoin mining
- Transaction confirmations
- Live demo: Exploring the latest Bitcoin blockchain block
- Other cryptocurrencies
- What influences the price of bitcoin and other cryptocurrencies?
- Discussion: The future of bitcoin
- Bitcoin futures and options
- Bitcoin Reference Rate (BRR)
- Bitcoin Real Time Index (BRTI)
- Contract definitions
- Liquidity and recent performance
- Bitcoin futures-cash basis
- Exchanges: CME, ICE, and others
- Bitcoin NDFs
- Bitcoin swaps
- Live demo: Bitcoin derivative trading
When and Where
13 Dec 2023 - 14 Dec 2023
a.m. sessions – 08:00 to 12:00 (for Asia / EMEA participants)
p.m. sessions – 13:00 to 17:00 (for EMEA / Americas participants)
All times are GMT (London time)
Other Dates and Locations
Search for Blockchain and Cryptocurrencies in our course schedule for alternative dates and locations where this course is offered.