|CPD: 7 hours
The Mastering MiFID II course is designed to demystify and explain what the MiFID rules are intended to achieve, and how they affect users of the financial markets in Europe.
By attending this course, you will understand:
- What MiFID II aims to achieve
- Which entities are affected by MiFID II
- How MiFID II will change market infrastructure and conduct
- How MiFID II relates to other global legislation like the US Dodd Frank Act
- What everyone in financial services must do to comply with the new regime
Who Should Attend
Anyone working within a commercial bank in ALM, credit, treasury and strategy. In addition, central bank regulators and anyone else responsible for banking supervision at national, regional or state level.
A good working knowledge of the financial markets.Book Now!
- What exactly are MiFID and MiFID II?
- MiFID and MiFIR
- The scope and objectives of MiFID II
- Who does MiFID II affect?
- Investment banks
- Retail banks
- Investment managers
- The MiFID II timeline
- Changes to market structure
- Regulated Markets (RMs)
- Multilateral Trading Facilities (MTFs)
- Organised Trading Facilities (OTFs)
- Systematic Internalisers (Sis)
- Data Reporting Services Providers (DRSPs)
- Derivative trading obligations
- Open access
- Effect on transaction reporting / consolidated tape
- Impact on algorithmic trading and HFT
- Investor protection features
- Paying for investment research and services under MiFID II
- Costs and pricing
- Corporate governance
- How MiFID II compares with the Dodd Frank Act
Other Dates and Locations
Search for Mastering MiFID II in our course schedule for alternative dates and locations where this course is offered.